A-FWD: Link Globalizer for Amazon Affiliates And Authors
International Link Builder
for Amazon Books and Products
You can use this generator to create a special worldwide deep-link. The link contains information like the ASIN you want to link to and your affiliate tracking IDs for the different countries you have IDs for.
Receive your global Amazon product link (click the button if it is not auto-generated): Please select the link and copy it to clipboard.
Some hints and information:
- The link will use IP-based Geolocation to geographically target your visitor to the Amazon store of his/her country (according to their current location).
- We are trying to be clever, so a visitor in Austria will be directed to the German Amazon, a visitor in Portugal will be directed to the Spanish Amazon and so on.
- You can use a Affiliate ID or Tracking ID.
- You don't have to specify all affiliate IDs if you are not registered to all programs
- The ASIN is unfortunately not always globally unique. That's why you sometimes need to specify several ASINs for different shops.
- In case you don't have a global ASIN and no ASIN for all countries, you can put fallback search terms. Otherwise the product title of the Amazon.com ASIN will be used (we will do this automatically for you).
- You can cloak or shorten your worldwide link with any URL shortening service or software.
- Can't find the ASIN? For books, the ISBN-10 is the ASIN.
- You can use the generated URL wherever you want, but please respect the rules of Amazon and the websites you use those hyperlinks on. Also, don't spam!
- If you have an English website, it makes most sense to sign up for the US, UK and Canadian programs.
- We parse the X-Forwarded-For header that some proxies set, so if you are behind a proxy we will still use your "real" IP for country determination.
- Note: You can't use Amazon's link checker directly on an a-fwd link. But you can click the link and check the redirect result URL.
- New! Added support for ascsubtag= parameter (optional sub-tag) (April 2014)
- New! Added support for India and Brazil (May 2014)
- New! Added support for fb=com URL parameter that forwards to the dot com if there is no affiliate ID for the resolved country (fb stands for fallback. You can also use other country codes for example fb=uk) (October 2014)
- New! Added support for Australia and Mexico (February 2015)
- New! Country specific ASIN redirects: fb=com URL parameter forwards visitor to to Amazon.com in case you did not specify a more specific ASIN in the link (e.g. if you specified only asin-fr AND asin-com and your visitor is NOT in France, he will end up on Amazon.com) (You can also use other values instead of com like uk, but make sure you have the corresponding asin-uk) (Fallback search terms have a higher priority and if specified will be used) (February 2016)
The Problem with Amazon Product Links
Amazon has establishments in multiple countries, however each site offers different products to different regions of the world. So if you create a link to an Amazon product, chances are that people visiting from the web are not getting directed to "their" Amazon.
Complicating matters further, its affiliate program is not international, so you need to be subscribed for each store program separately. If you have an international website, you'd want to get sales comission worldwide.
you need to create separate links for every Amazon in your target country (US, Canada, Germany, France etc).
This is troublesome and possibly ugly in your website layout.
Wouldn't it be nicer to to create one link for all Amazon stores?.
- No Registration required!
- No Installation required!
- No Plugin or Script required!
You can have one special global link for all stores. This site provides a way to create such a special link that automatically detects the users country (doing geo-targeting) from their IP and forwards them to the correct Amazon store for their country.
This service is free and easy to use. It does not require a plugin and works with every website or CMS.
You can use our Link Builder to link to specific products or to a search results page.
Some Link Examples
Link to "your" front page:
Get redirected to the "Harry Potter" results of "your" Amazon:
Link to a specific product with a certain global ASIN:
You should use the builder to create your own links!
Why should you use it?
On a typical website, visitors will come from all over the world. But the classic affiliate links only work with visitors from a single country. You can multiply your earnings by having international Amazon links which work for all visitors, directing them to the right one of Amazon's different country sites.
P.S.: Did you know that 370 million people have English as a second language and around 750 million people speak it as a foreign language?
Who is this for?There is two kind of people that should use A-FWD.
- One group is the people with websites or newsletters that have links to Amazon products on them. They usually review or recommend products and want to earn a provision/comission on the sale.
- The other group are the content creators like book authors, private label owners (FBA), singers or music groups/bands. They might have an international audience and they want to make it easier for their audience to buy their products by giving them a single A-FWD link.
With A-FWD both kinds of traffic will be able to create better Amazon affiliate links.
How does this work?
We're using Geo-IP technology to locate the user clicking on a link and then forward them correctly. The locating happens automatically, there is no popup or question asked to the user. So it works with every browser (both mobile and desktop).
Does it work for your CMS? Is it supported by Wordpress?
Already having a Wordpress blog? Or using Joomla or Drupal?
We have created a Wordpress plugin that transparently rewrites
all your Amazon.com/Amzn.com links to global
Is it free?
Yes, it is free and will stay like that! Woboq is sponsoring the server and bandwidth for the A-FWD GeoIP technology.
In exchange for that, 1% of your visitors/clicks will be using our affiliate ID instead of yours. We will take every 100th request from all users and replace it with our ID. We will also add our ID if you don't specify one for a certain Amazon store your user is redirected to.
You can contact us if you need special arrangements without this feature. Thank you for supporting us!
Subscribe to updates about A-FWD
Help And Discussion
DISCLAIMER: This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, sponsored, reviewed, tested or certified by Amazon.