A-FWD: Link Globalizer for Amazon Affiliates
You can have an international Amazon Associates link that redirects to the correct locale.
The Problem with Amazon Links
Amazon has establishments in multiple countries, however each site offers different products to different regions of the world. So if you create a link to an Amazon product, chances are that people visiting from the web are not getting directed to "their" Amazon.
Complicating matters further, its affiliate program is not international, so you need to be subscribed for each store program separately. If you have an international website, you'd want to get sales comission worldwide.
you need to create separate links for every Amazon in your target country (US, Canada, Germany, France etc).
This is troublesome and possibly ugly in your website layout.
- No Registration required!
- No Installation required!
- No Plugin or Script required!
You can have one special global link for all stores. This site provides a way to create such a special link that automatically detects the users country (doing geo-targeting) from their IP and forwards them to the correct Amazon store for their country.
This service is free and easy to use. It does not require a plugin and works with every website or CMS.
You can use our Link Builder to link to specific products or to a search results page.
Some Link Examples
Link to "your" front page:
Get directed to the "Harry Potter" results of "your" Amazon:
Link to a specific product with a certain global ASIN:
You should use the builder to create your own links!
International Link Builder
You can use this generator to create a special worldwide deep-link.
The link contains information like the ASIN you want to link to and your affiliate tracking IDs for the different countries you have IDs for.
Receive your global link (click the button if it is not auto-generated):
Some hints and information:
- The link will use IP-based Geolocation to geographically target your visitor to the Amazon store of his/her country (according to their current location).
- We are trying to be clever, so a visitor in Austria will be directed to the German Amazon, a visitor in Portugal will be directed to the Spanish Amazon and so on.
- You can use a Affiliate ID or Tracking ID.
- You don't have to specify all affiliate IDs if you are not registered to all programs
- The ASIN is unfortunately not always globally unique. That's why you sometimes need to specify several ASINs for different shops.
- In case you don't have a global ASIN and no ASIN for all countries, you can put fallback search terms. Otherwise the product title of the Amazon.com ASIN will be used (we will do this automatically for you).
- You can cloak or shorten your worldwide link with any URL shortening service or software.
- You can use the generated URL wherever you want, but please respect the rules of Amazon and the websites you use those hyperlinks on. Also, don't spam!
- If you have an English website, it makes most sense to sign up for the US, UK and Canadian programs.
- New! Added support for ascsubtag= parameter (optional sub-tag) (April 2014)
- New! Added support for India and Brazil (May 2014)
Does it work for your CMS? Is it supported by Wordpress?
Already having a Wordpress blog? Or using Joomla or Drupal?
We have created a Wordpress plugin that transparently rewrites
all your Amazon.com/Amzn.com links to global
Is it free?
Yes, it is free and will stay like that! Woboq is sponsoring the server and bandwidth for the A-FWD GeoIP technology.
In exchange for that, 1% of your visitors/clicks will be using our affiliate ID instead of yours. We will also add our ID if you don't specify one for a certain Amazon store your user is redirected to.
You can contact us if you need special arrangements without this feature. Thank you for supporting us!
Subscribe to updates about A-FWD
Help And Discussion
Index - Amazon - Amazon plugin for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal - iTunes - Imprint - Contact
DISCLAIMER: This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, sponsored, reviewed, tested or certified by Amazon.